Your shipping manager has asked you to review a list of stretch wrappers he’s considering purchasing. You want a stretch wrapper that will get the job done (wrap loads) and make your life easy. You already have enough work on your plate. So, when problems come up for you to solve, it’s important to solve them quickly.
Good stretch wrappers require minimal maintenance and come with maximum support when something does go wrong. So, what really matters to maintenance mangers when their company buys a stretch wrapper?
An Ounce of Prevention
In this case, an ounce of prevention comes in the form of doing your research before you buy a new machine. By digging into both the machine you are considering and the manufacturer of the machine, you can save yourself headaches down the line.
Here’s a check list of what you should look for in a new stretch wrapper and a stretch wrapper manufacturer
- The machine comes with clear step-by-step operating instructions and a quick reference guide filled with trouble-shooting FAQs.
- A knowledgeable equipment specialist that can perform start-up assistance when the machine is installed.
- If you need a replacement part and it’s ordered today, you’ll get it tomorrow.
- The manufacturer offers replacement parts for every machine it has ever made.
- The warranty is a minimum of 3 years, covers unlimited cycles, and has no exclusions.
- A service tech can easily retrofit the machine weeks, months, or years after you’ve installed it (e.g., mast height extensions, base extensions, film delivery system, ramps, remote controls, load loacking devices).
- When you need live support on parts, repairs, or maintenance – whether by phone, the manufacturer’s website or in-person – a live service tech is available 24/7, 365 days of the year.
- A service tech is within a 3-hour drive of your facility.
- The manufacturer of the machine offers on-site training for your technicians.
If the machine and manufacturer you are considering can check off each of the points above, you can be confident that your new stretch wrapper will make your life easier, not harder, for years to come.
You may be interested in these related posts:
- Should I Buy a Used Stretch Wrap Machine?
- 3 Ways a Stretch Wrapper Improves Productivity
- Film Cable vs. Film Rope - Load Securing with a Stretch Wrapper